Flash Photography for Beginners (Live Virtual Classroom)
If you are already familiar with shutter speed, aperture, and ISO, then you have the fundamentals to dramatically improve the quality of your flash photos.
Itching to shoot better portraits? Better still life and product shots? But can't afford studio flash? Well, itch no more--we'll show you how to produce professional studio photos with affordable, portable, camera flash. Even the pros resort to camera flash in the field or indoors, some all the time and not just occasionally.
How do you control the intensity? Create soft shadows that don't scream "flash photography?" Balance the flash with available light? Or eliminate available light altogether?
The instructor will share the key concepts and techniques behind effective and creative lighting with flash. They will start with simple techniques that improve the results from a camera's built-in flash then focuses on fill flash techniques and on using flash as the key light.
Method of Teaching
This course provides live instructor-led lectures and discussions, student participation through shooting assignments using Zoom, Google Classroom, shooting equipment.
What will be covered
|• Explanation of the principle behind the flash photography
• The advantages of external flash vs. built-in flash
• Balancing act of ambient and flash
• Flash ranges and modes
• Offline Assignment
|• How to use the rear or second curtain
• How to use high sync for action photography
• How to use flash modifiers with the flash
• How to use fill-in flash for various kinds of subject, e.g., shooting people against dramatic sunset
• Adding a second flash
• Purchasing a flash
• Project Presentation
Disclaimer: Instructor may adjust the lessons covered based on the class progress and the number of participants.
- Students must have the following: Zoom application, Gmail account (for Google Classroom) and stable internet connection. For more details, check our ONLINE TRAINING FAQs.
- Participants must have experience in Photography or have attended courses in Digital Camera Fundamentals and Basic Photography.
- Participants should have a camera and preferably (not required), flash and flash triggers for the hands-on exercises.
|Nov 16 & 18 (Mon and Wed)||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Important Note: There is a mandatory pre-class session (one hour) for flash trial shots.
This is a lecture-demo class, so no equipment is required to attend this class. However, you may bring your camera, flash and flash triggers if you wish to try your own equipment during the trial shots, or if you have questions about your equipment.
There are several ways to pay:
Online bank transfer or bank deposit
- any Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC) branch, in favor of Philippine Center for Creative Imaging Inc, S/A 1-249-91545-5; or
- any Banco de Oro (BDO) branch, in favor of Philippine Center for Creative Imaging Inc, S/A 00429-0078357.
PhP 2,400 inclusive of VAT.
A student who has registered to our physical classes may avail of online classes instead. The difference in fees will be converted to store credits or applied to other online classes that he might want to attend.
Includes materials & e-certificate at the end of the class.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.