Prepress Essentials: Understanding the Digital Production Workflow (Webinar)
One-day lecture (for graphic artists and production personnel)
The more skilled we become in graphic programs, the more we overlook the first law of print production: The tail wags the dog. Meaning the output process at the end dictates the workflow methods at the beginning. No artist should pick up the mouse without knowing where and how the file is going to be printed.
Knowing little about print production processes is just half the problem. The other half is not knowing how all these variables impact the printed output, sometimes with unwanted results.
Many are experts at editing images, but don’t know how the highlights and shadows will survive on press. Or they don’t know about halftones, much less how to deal with them. Most don’t know, and don’t care, about ink limits. Some know only coated and uncoated paper. Many can’t tell an ICC profile from another.
Method of Teaching
This is a live instructor-led online seminar with participant engagement via Q&A. This class will use Zoom as main application. For more details, check our ONLINE TRAINING FAQs.
- What to ask suppliers besides “how much”
- The critical processes involved in print production, with emphasis on how they can become problems or solutions
- Why we should control the amount of ink in our files, not on press
- Overview of the different printing processes
- Finishing processes from binding to varnish
- Paper types and paper properties
- Overprinting and knockout, and when to override the settings
- Color separation essentials
- Prepress checklist before handing off to your printing press
Who will benefit
- Graphic artists, desktop publishers, layout artists, art directors
- Press supervisors and prepress staff
- All print production people from the old school who plan to work in a fully digital environment
- Some exposure to print production, either as graphic artist, prepress provider, or press supervisor, or
- Some background either in computer graphics or traditional (film-based) production
|Feb 18 (Thu)||9:00 am to 1:00 pm|
There are several ways to pay:
Online bank transfer or bank deposit
- any Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC) branch, in favor of Philippine Center for Creative Imaging Inc, S/A 1-249-91545-5; or
- any Banco de Oro (BDO) branch, in favor of Philippine Center for Creative Imaging Inc, S/A 00429-0078357.
PhP 600 inclusive of VAT.
A student who has registered to our physical classes may avail of online classes instead. The difference in fees will be converted to store credits or applied to other online classes that he might want to attend.
Includes materials & e-certificate at the end of the class.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.